Fifth-Annual List Honors Leading
MSSP, MDR, and SOCaaS Cybersecurity Companies Worldwide
MSSP Alert, published by After Nines Inc., has named CalTech to the Top 250 MSSPs list for 2021 (http://www.msspalert.com/top250).
The list and research identify and honor the top MSSPs, managed detection and response (MDR) and Security Operations Center as a Service (SOCaaS) providers worldwide.
The rankings are based on MSSP Alert’s 2021 readership survey combined with the digital media site’s global editorial coverage of managed security services providers. The fifth-annual list and research report track the managed security service market’s ongoing growth and evolution.
“We are proud of our team for their dedication and hard work which has allowed us to be honored as one of 2021’s top MSSP’s. This designation helps validate our vision of protecting our customers with world-class cybersecurity solutions,” said Will Welch, CalTech CEO.
“After Nines Inc. and MSSP Alert congratulate CalTech on this year’s honor,” said Amy Katz, CEO of After Nines Inc. “Amid continued ransomware, malware and supply chain cyber attacks, the MSSP Alert readership and community continues to mitigate risks for businesses and government organizations worldwide.”
Highlights from the associated MSSP Alert research include:
- MSSP Revenue Growth & Financial Performance: MSSP honorees, on average, expect to generate $22.3 million in revenue for 2021, up 16% from $19.2 million in 2020. The growth rate remains consistent with last year’s report.
- Geography: Honorees are headquartered in 26 different countries.
- Profits: 85% of MSSPs surveyed expect to be profitable for fiscal year 2021, which is roughly even with 2020.
- Security Operations Centers: 71% have in-house SOCs, 19% are hybrid, 8% completely outsource their SOCs, and 2% are reevaluating their SOC strategies.
- Cyberattack Trends: The most frequent attacks targeting MSSP customers in 2021 include vulnerability exploits (87%), phishing (96%), and ransomware (89%) incidents.
- Cybersecurity Solutions: In a continued sign of market fragmentation, MSSP survey participants mentioned 130 different hardware, software, cloud, and services vendors that assist their cybersecurity efforts — roughly even with our 2020 report.
- New Managed Security Services Offered: In addition to traditional managed security services, capabilities such as MDR (91%) have now gone mainstream. Plus, fast-growth services offered include SOC as a service (76%), XDR (67%), cyber talent as a service (43%) and cloud security posture management (41%).
The Top 250 MSSPs list and research were overseen by Content Czar Joe Panettieri (@JoePanettieri). Find the online list and associated report here: http://www.msspalert.com/top250.
Since 1988, CalTech has seen exponential growth in products offered and the number of employees. Early on, it was apparent that CalTech wanted to develop our team from the inside out and cultivate a strong corporate culture. It has been a conscious effort that requires a clear vision and reflects every employee’s dedication to it. In addition, CalTech’s relationship-centric work has created a unique selling proposition compared to companies within the cybersecurity industry. Our goal is to deliver exceptional technology solutions while creating loyal and enthusiastic customers.